Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sage Wisdom from Fifth Graders

I had a blast in Mesquite and I fell in love with the fifth grade class that I was placed in. On Thursday afternoon I had each of them write one thing that they thought I should do in my classroom when I become a teacher. Reading through them, I decided they were way too cute not to share...so here I go...these are exactly what they said, except for some misspelled words that I fixed for this blog!

If you were a teacher I would want your kid to be respectful and I would want you to make them smart
Make your students have good handwriting
One thing I want you to do is have fun teaching your class
Do times tables and who wins gets a prize
I would want you to read to them a story about us, and be a great teacher. Don't worry you'll do great!
If the kids are good you gave them treats or food if they're good for the week
You should let your class choose where they sit every once in a while
Math
Make your students do some stories
Play the computers for 45 minutes
I think you should encourage them to work hard and try their best
A thing I would like you to do where you teach is tell them that I say you did a great job
You should teach them what bad things they shouldn't do
In your classroom you should go outside every day if they're good
Let them play kickball and four square
Give them breaks, don't be strict
To read chapter books every day to your kids
Have fun with them every day. Play a lot of fun games
In your classroom you can have fun games
Do the blue books (This is a project the fifth graders at that school have been working on all year)
Don't let your kids push you around, but be nice
Whole school year teach reading
I don't think you should do anything you'll be a great teacher
To let them get a 30 minute free time if they are good!
In your classroom you can have girls sitting by girls and boys sitting by boys
Tell them to use good manners
Every Friday play a game with them

1 comment:

  1. I loved my fifth grade class too. Cute ideas from them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete